Data Journalism Awards
May 30, 2012 10:00 AM
Jun 01, 2012 06:00 PM
|Add event to calendar||
The Data Journalism Prizes will reward
the best examples of data journalism published in a media (print, online or broadcast)
from May 2011 to April 2012.
A jury of experts and editors will grant 3 awards (3 categories):
- data-driven investigations
- interactive data-visualizations
- data-driven mobile or web applications / services.
Two sub categories will be defined for national and international media organisations and for regional and hyperlocal organisations. Six First Prizes will be given during the awards ceremony.
The Global Editors Network and Google want to:
- Award the editorial excellence of data-journalism
- Contribute to set the standards of data-journalism
- Promote data journalism among editors and media executives
- Enhance the collaboration between journalists, developers and designers
- Set up the first international event focusing on data-journalism.
The DJ Awards will take place in Paris during the News World Summit 2012 at the opening gala dinner on 30 May '12. Presentations of winners will happen during the Summit on 1 June '12 in a specific session.